Sunday 16 December 2018

The amazing V1-X

A few months ago my eldest son was given a toy for his birthday.  It was one of those things where you look after a fake pet.  It was a version of what I think they used to call a Tamagotchi or something like that.  I don't see the point, but he seemed to enjoy it and the other kids all wanted one themselves.

My second son desperately wanted one, but didn't want to wait until his birthday.  He asked for one, and we told him to wait until his birthday, he didn't want to miss out on the fun so he made his own.

He decided it needed a name, so he called it a "V1-X".

The amazing V1-X
V1X ready to play
He got a small box, put a toy car in it, and shook is left and right, and up and down.  Hours of fun!

I am not sure what the rules are, but he got high scores often.

I gave it a go, apparently I wasn't as good and I lost a life somehow?  I was told that my scores were pretty low.  It was really quite amusing playing with the V1-X and being told I lost a life.

Apparently if you get over a certain score, or something, you get an upgrade.  To be honest, I was never sure if an upgrade was a good thing or a bad thing.  It didn't really matter, my scores were never high enough to earn an upgrade.

An upgrade meant there were two toys to shake around in the box.  Again, I was never quite sure what the rules were.

V1-X upgrade
V1-X with various upgrades
Finally his birthday arrived and he got a real Tamagotchi thing.  He played with it a bit, but the novelty wore off pretty fast.  I assume it is still in his room somewhere but I haven't seen him use it in a long time.

I am not sure if he had more fun with the tamagotchi, or his V1-X.  He certainly got more use out of the V1-X and spent longer playing with it.

Sometimes my kids make me laugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment